The Information We Collect:
When you visit the InspirePay™ website, we collect your IP address and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website.
If you open an account, we collect the following types of information from you:
- Contact information – your name, address, phone, email, and other similar information.
- Financial information – the api keys, usernames, and/or passwords required to communicate with your merchant accounts, gateways, and/or other financial networks directly.
Before permitting you to use our Service, we may require you to provide additional information we can use to verify your identity or address or manage risk, such as your date of birth, social security number or other information. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services.
When you are using our Service, we collect information about your account transactions and we may collect information about your computer or other access device for fraud prevention purposes.
Finally, we may collect additional information from or about you based on other uses of our Service. For example, we may collect information related to your contact with our customer support team or collect results when you respond to a survey.
When you access our website, we, or companies we hire to track how our website is used, may place small data files called “cookies” on your computer.
We send a “session cookie” to your computer when you log in to your account. This type of cookie helps us to recognize you if you visit multiple pages on our site during the same session, so that we don’t need to ask you for your password on each page. Once you log out, this cookie expires and no longer has any effect.
We also use longer-lasting cookies for other purposes such as to display your e-mail address on our sign-in form, so that you don’t need to retype the e-mail address each time you log in to your account. We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our website.
How we protect and store personal information:
Throughout this policy, we use the term “personal information” to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized or aggregated so that it does not identify a specific user.
We store and process your personal information on our computers in the US, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable US federal and state regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
How we use the personal information we collect:
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- customize, measure, and improve our services and the content and layout of our website;
- send you targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
How We Use Personal Information:
To process your payments, we need to share some of your personal information with the person or company that you are paying or is paying you.
If you are buying services and pay through InspirePay™, we may also provide the seller with your confirmed credit card billing address to help complete your transaction with the seller. The seller is not allowed to use this information to market their services to you unless you have agreed to it.
We work with merchants to enable them to accept payments from you using InspirePay™. In doing so, a merchant may share information about you with us, such as your email address, when you attempt to pay that merchant. We use this information to confirm to that merchant that you are an InspirePay™ customer and that the merchant should enable InspirePay™ as a form of payment for your purchase.
Regardless, we will not disclose your credit card number or bank account number to anyone you have paid or who has paid you through InspirePay™, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so to comply with a subpoena or other legal process.
How We Share personal information:
We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations.
- Financial institutions that we partner with to jointly create and offer products.
- Companies that we plan to merge with or be acquired by.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when we need to do so to comply with law or we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss.
- Aggregated Data to Other third parties or, in the case of Personal Information, with third parties only with your advance consent or direction to do so.
InspirePay™ will not sell or rent any of your Personal Information to third parties in the normal course of doing business and only shares your personal information with third parties as described in this policy.
How You Chang Your Personal Information or Terminate Your Account:
You may enter any changes to your information via the settings page of your account. If you have any other questions or concerns regarding this policy or wish to terminate your account, you should contact us by emailing support (at) inspirepay.com or writing to us at InspirePay™, 423 Concord Avenue, Boulder, CO 80304.